Did you know that Newport has over 300 pre-Revolutionary War era buildings still standing—more than any other city in the United States? And, that Newport had an early history of religious tolerance, a policy that paved the way to American independence? Or, that in the 19th century Newport was home to many important artists, writers and architects?
Let Newport History Tours’ guides introduce you to the city’s three centuries of American history.
Newport History Tours are entertaining, affordable and intimate. Led by expert guides, and based on material in the Newport Historical Society’s extensive manuscript collection, each tour lasts approximately 75 minutes.
Newport History Tours are offered year-round. Call 401-841-8770 to make reservations.
April 2013 & May 2013
- Discover Colonial Newport Walking Tour: Sundays at 10:30am
- Golden to Gilded Walking Tour: Saturdays at 10:30am
- Colony House, Great Friends Meeting House & Wanton-Lyman-Hazard House Site Tours: Saturdays & Sundays 11am – 3pm
- Museum of Newport History: Open daily at 10am
- Whitehorne House Museum: Open Thursdays-Mondays beginning May 1; Guided Tours offered at 10:30am & 3pm; self-guided tours offered between 11am – 3pm.
See the schedule page for all tours.